[Sca-cooks] Personal Iron Chef Challenge

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 29 05:45:39 PDT 2001

Gwynydd Of Culloden wrote:

> [...]

Yes, Cristofo, it's Andalusian Night at the Genoese Ladies' Auxilliary
Bingo Club next Thursday, and I happen to know that Mildred Bacciagalupe
is bringing those dreadful stuffed eggplants again! I've got to upstage her!

> Is is possible, btw, that gazpacho was a known dish before Columbus set off
> and which changed dramatically when tomatoes began to be eaten in quantity
> in Spain?

I would say it's very nearly a dead certainty. Considering that the name is believed to derive from Arabic roots meaning "soaked bread". Some of those bread-or-almond-based white garlic soups are probably pretty close.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com