[Sca-cooks] Apprenticing, again...

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Tue Aug 28 10:53:39 PDT 2001

Thank you for the answers given already.

Elaine, I'm not too entirely worried about learning stuff, as I do that on
my own, whether it's under supervision, or not.  I take interest in stuff
and then dig and dig to learn :-)

Micaylah, thank you for your explanation of things as you view them.  Makes
much sense.  You're right, cooking papers and experience in today's
restaurants and hotels aren't usualy the best thing to prepare one for the
kind of "period" cooking we'd do in the SCA.

As it happens, I did a paper on peasant cooking in Nouvelle France, which
is not quite period cooking for the SCA, but more to the point than other
topics.  I'd gladly share it with any interested, except that it is in
storage in Canada, and I can't quite get out there to fetch it yet,
immigration issues.

Anyway, thanks for the answers so far already. :-)  It's gonna give me
thoughts to think about for a while :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka