[Sca-cooks] How to keep picnic foods fresh

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Tue Aug 28 11:07:50 PDT 2001

I refreeze the 12-20 oz juice & water bottles, with water {juice} from HOME.
Drink the water when defrosted. Three/four Half gal jugs, will still have
ice in them after the trip home from a weekend campout. Think dual purpose
here, Safe product you know where it came from, Disposable if need be, Cheap
replacements, Recycled too. Load-weight reduction as used. Yes I own some
Blue Ice products, but I favour the Home Ice Bottles.  When freezing
remember to leave space at top or it will burst. Put caps on loose at first,
till frozen; top off with liquid; tighten; finish freeze.  And you can add
more based on the weather for the travel.  Pre-cool the cooler the night/day
before loading, leave those jugs behind. Load fresh-froze.  Freeze food
items if possible, defrost on/at table.