[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 28 21:21:42 PDT 2001

Muiredach mac Loloig answered me with:
> > > Ohhh but the series of dishes with capers that are awesome.  Yummm!
> >
> >Like what? I've got some capers, but I've not found a lot of places
> >to use them, although the recent discussions make me wonder if they
> >might be good on pizza.
>
> Yeah, they work on pizza.
>
> They also work on pan fried fish, with a little meuniere butter (fresh
> butter in pan, heat till foamy and start to turn brown, add fresh lemon
> juice, chopped parlsey, and capers.  It has a proper name in the Repertoire
> de la Cuisine, I just am blanking on it right now.

Ooh. That does sound good. That's okay about the name. I don't know
all the fancy names. The description is better for me.

> Also, goes well as a garnish for steaks.

Yes. Sounds wonderful. With mushrooms.

> Also, included in dressings for salads.  Part of the "proper" Caesar salad,
> actually.

Okay. But I like the medieval salads better.

> Chopped, it's part of a "proper" steak tartar.

Raw steak, right? So, there's more to this than taking the steak out
of the freezer, thawing it and serving it?

> Now, mind you, none of these are likely to be all that period :-)

Yes, but a useful message none the less.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net