[Sca-cooks] Yucca and Plantain Recipes

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Aug 29 14:05:41 PDT 2001

Estrella said
Hello all!
I had a wonderful person here on the list ask me about
some plantain recipes and Yucca, and I thought I would
post them for everyone if they're interested.  These
are authentic Cuban recipes, originally from my
great-great grandmother, and I was wondering if anyone
has any information about how far back these could
possibly be.

I don't have exact measurements, as you know how home
cooking is, a pinch of this, etc.  I tried my best to
put down the most accurate measurements I could!

I've snipped her wonderful recipes. If you didn't save them let us know.
These sound absolutely wonderful. I understand about home cooking, I don't
think I used measuring tools except in 4H and home-ec class until I was an
adult (and as the oldest girl in a family of seven kids I did a lot of
cooking). I still can't give a very accurate recipe for my favorites because
I spice by taste on everything but meatloaf. In my meatloaf I use half
ground round and half Italian sausage so it needs no additional seasoning
other than the onion and garlic. Thanks for the great ideas. Margarite