[Sca-cooks] More on Tartare

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Aug 29 22:23:08 PDT 2001

Forgot to explain the importance of using fillet.  Fillet is actually a
part of the animal that should be tender enough to fall apart with
pressure.  This means that even if you have "chunks" in your hand made
chop, when you eat it, it will not cause a problem.  This is not possible
with other cuts of meat.  Some restaurants will actually use regular ground
beef (hamburger).  The grind will make it soft enough to eat, but it's not
right.  You can always tell, well, if you have done it a couple times
yourself that is :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka