[Sca-cooks] Re: Steak Tartar + Chocolate mousse recipe

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Aug 30 11:22:12 PDT 2001

?
I favor the chinese 2 cleaver method on a very solid butchers
block. Place meat on block, clear the area of enquiring toddlers
and nosy roommates and holding the cleavers in paralell, start
chopping, and periodically scrape teh pile of meat back into the
center to get the bigger bits. My wrists are going, but Rob can
total out a sizeable hunk of meat in fairly short order.
Especially great if you are at a camping event and want to make
anything with any sort of finely minced meat. The size of the
meat fragments is actually fairly controlable with practice.

When doing tartare, I like to put a small peeled onion in and
chop concurrently.
margali
--
~~~~~