[Sca-cooks] Chocolate Mousee was Re: Steak Tartar

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 30 09:38:54 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > I make a mean steak tartare, even if I do say so myself.  My wife would at
> > times beg me for it.  She'd also ask for my chocolate mousse as dessert :-)
>
> I'm still not sure about this raw meat. However this chocolate mousse
> sounds like it might be even better... recipe, please?
>
> Stefan

Master A has not posted his recipe yet but here is mine, famed in song and
story.  Yes, the eggs are raw, know and trust your egg source.

SELENE’S DREADED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

1 cup butter [unsalted, 2 sticks, room temperature]
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 oz. chocolate [unsweetened, melted]
1 tsp. vanilla [or another flavor - mint, orange, brandy, etc?]
4 eggs

Cream butter and sugar, mix in chocolate and vanilla.

Using a mixer set to high, blend in the eggs, taking five full minutes to
incorporate each egg.  Don’t skimp, this is the secret of the texture.

Turn into a baked pie crust or a bunch of little serving cups.

Chill and devour!