[Sca-cooks] Mooneschadowe Guardian German Feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:55:58 PDT 2001

><<A convection oven bakes faster than a commercial oven? Why? What's the
>differance between the two? I assume this is due to a type differance
>and not just a size differance.>>
>
>A convection oven has a fan that circulates the air for a hotter
>temperature/
>faster cooking. Last time I used one, the temp difference was 25 degrees F.
>And so about 15-20 min less on the cook times. Always check the IT to make
>sure whatever you're cooking is to a safe eating temp, though.
>
>Finnebhir

I cook in a convection oven (I have two) or outside.  I actually do have a
microwave but seldom use it.  The one thing about convetion ovens is to make
sure to let them pre-heat.  It seems to take a little longer than a regular
oven but then perhaps that is just because mine are getting up there in age
(plus dragging them all over the countryside doesn't help, I'm sure).
Right now I'm doing "stovetop" on my portable butaine burners or a chafing
dish but am looking at perhaps getting a propane one.  Then of course my
landlord will kill me.

Olwen