[Sca-cooks] A cooking tale - LOOOOONG

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Thu Aug 30 19:08:57 PDT 2001

Stephan,

The standard piece of bacon, when halved, has one half with a lot of meat,
and a small strip of fat. The other has a lot of fat with a little meat.

Here we call them the eye (round shape) and the tail (the thin bit with
heaps of fat).

I thought they were standard names! Must be the Celtic background or an
Australian thing.

The saying goes that you learn something new every day! This one goes both
ways.

Glenda.