[Sca-cooks] garam marsala

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 31 06:30:46 PDT 2001

Thanks to everyone for their advice.  I can't believe I added that r in masala!

It's probably because I came right home from Wegman's and Tops (two
really big grocery stores next to each other) extremely frustrated
because 1st I didn't find what I was looking for and 2nd the college
students are just back at Cornell U and Ithaca college so it was a
mad house.  I don't do very well in crowds like that..sort of
claustrophobic.

So I think when I got home I was thinking about beer and or wine,
while I was writing my question!

For those who are wondering I think in the tops store (Which has a
pretty amazing Indian food aisle) they had about 4 different kinds of
masalas.  I can't remember all the names now but they had a couple of
standard ingredients which i will try and figure out.

It was odd because they had some other spice mixture (I can't
remember the name) but on the back was a tandoori chicken recipe.
Now that I have suggested mix I think I will try that.

The jars were bigger than your normal spice jar and cost about $1.59
I think.  So I was willing to get it already mixed up, but I think I
can mix my own.

Thanks again!

	Angeline