[Sca-cooks] garam marsala

Anne Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 08:53:52 PDT 2001

You shop in the Wegman's in Ithaca? That is the most amazing store!

My parents lived there the last few years. Once when I was visiting, my
mother, native New York City person she was, said "I am taking you to the
supermarket." I thought she'd lost it... There were aisles and aisles of
fascinating things! I mean, here in the city, I do know where to find
everything I saw, but I'd have to go to about 20 specialty stores to do it!
Couldn't imagine shopping there regularly, being able to get all this
easily. Of course, easy is relative - the flip side was that it seemed to
take 2 hours to find cereal and soup.

I'm always having people outside the city tout the advantages of the bigger
stores, but the ones I've shopped in, in NJ, used that space to have
multiple sizes and brands of the same merchandise, nothing interesting.
(That is finally beginning to change, at least where I used to live. Didn't
until I left, though - frustrating!)

Anne