[Sca-cooks] brace, was mock turtles

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Dec 1 08:12:33 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/30/2001 12:03:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
afmmurphy at earthlink.net writes:

> But it is so cool that you can get purple braces now! My friend's girls
> have pink, and neon green, and other way cool colors  for their crutches
> and braces, and the oldest has all kinds of decorations on her chair.

I'm a child's physical therapist, and you'd be amazed at some of the colors
things come in now. I know I've seen camo fiberglass casting material, and I
think I've seen it in brace material, too.  I saw a wheelchair once that was
white on one end and shaded to blaze orange on the other (although he did say
that was a custom paint job).  Wheelchairs that look like they've got
multicolored paint splattered on them.  Color-changing paint jobs - look at
them from one angle, they're blue, from another, they're green.  Or black and
purple.  It's fun - getting to the "what color do you want" stage is my
favorite part of wheelchair and equipment evals.

Brangwayna Morgan