[Sca-cooks] automat

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Dec 17 06:27:40 PST 2001

 I ate at one of the last Horn & Hardarts [automats] in  1969 or 1970 in
manhattan.
I remember this only because I was so used to regular resteraunts that it
was strange and foreign!

i also associate it with my 'snoopy and the red baron' album, and I do know
that came out in 1969.

[ob food] This was also the same christmas shopping trip that the waiter at
the Pen and Pencil
kept trying to convince me that I reallllllly wanted my perfectly good steak
tartare cooked!
margali