[Sca-cooks] rose recipes and info

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Dec 17 14:27:19 PST 2001

Kay asked:
> On another note, I picked up some lovely rosebuds at an herb sale in Sonoma
> County this weekend and the lady is looking for rose recipes.  She was
> thrilled to learn of ras el hanout in coffee!

This is the lady at the herb sale that you are looking for rose
recipes for?

You might point her to these files in the Florilegium, or go through
and pick out some recipes she might like.

cook-flowers-msg  (78K)  2/23/01    Cooking with flowers. Medieval
flower dishes
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cooking-flowers-msg.html
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del
Cavallo.
                                       (medieval roses).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/roses-art.html
rose-syrup-msg    (10K)  6/24/99    Making rose syrup. It's uses.
Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/rose-syrup-msg.html
rose-water-msg    (34K) 11/27/00    Where to buy. How to make.
Rose-water uses.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/rose-water-msg.html

Or maybe she would be interested in rose beads:
rosaries-msg      (52K) 12/ 8/00    Period rosaries and their use.
Making rose
                                       beads.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/RELIGION/rosaries-msg.html

I hope this helps.