[Sca-cooks] Egg dough (was za'atar seeds)

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:52:45 PST 2001

>Lastly,  can anyone help me with a dough made from flour, egg and oil?  It
>will wrap a filling and be fried, then covered with honey and sugar.  The
>recipe says take a dough and kneed in egg and good sweet oil.  Does this
>me=
>an
>a water and flour dough, then the egg and oil or just flour, egg and oil.
>Recipe is 1520 Catalan.
>
>Thanks all,
>
>Kay
Well, I guess I'll just dive in here. :-)  I would say it's flour, then add
oil, knead it in, then mix in an egg and enough water to bring it all
together in a dough.  Which recipe are you working with?  I'm guessing it's
a sweet, possibly the one for marzipan rissoles.  You can use lard in the
recipe too.

Hope this helps,

Vicente
If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson