[Sca-cooks] rose hips in food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 29 17:35:47 PST 2001

Anahita commented:
> (1) perhaps rose buds rather than rose hips? I have seen rose flowers
> in a number of recipes, but not rose hips.

It could be rose buds, however there are plenty of recipes that include
rosehips, some of which are period or near-period. Check this file in
the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
cook-flowers-msg  (78K)  2/23/01    Cooking with flowers. Medieval
flower dishes
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cooking-flowers-msg.html

Here are a few excerpts:

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net