[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Cooks' Collegium

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Dec 2 10:03:45 PST 2001

Lady Johnnae llyn Lewis sends greetings:

I attended and taught the what used to be the "how to
use library resources to research cookery lecture" that
now involves all these things about internet sources,
online subscriptions, and advanced information search
techniques using arcane magic things like search engines,
as opposed to the good old days of books.
(Her Highness said I loaded her brain up... which I think
is always good a "Good Thing.")

I very much enjoyed Master Tirloch's talk about "German"
cookery and Dame Kiri's presentation was "way cool".

Mistress Aibhilin's presented an area of Indian cookery
that I  had previously known very little about and that
I now find that my own collection has very little on.
 Another excuse to buy more books.

I also very much liked Lady Sarah's discussion of her feast at
the Midrealm Crown that developed into a roundtable sort of
discussion about the feast and foods. Too often we do this
huge affairs and never get together again to share viewpoints
and perspectives from the safe difference of a month or two.

And I failed to mention (so I will do here) that I was very happy
that I was able to persuade/con Dame Hauviette into making a dish for
me, so that I could work on my papers this week (not to mention attend
the mandatory PTO meeting and sell Cub Scout Christmas trees.)

I had a great time.

Johnnae llyn Lewis