[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Dec 4 17:17:33 PST 2001

>>"Court Baron" is mostly an award, granted either on its own or in many
>>cases to territorial barons or baronesses who've just stepped down. In
>>Calontir it's often given to people who've performed long-standing
>>personal service to whichever Crown gave 'em that title (retainers,
>>in other words, mostly).
>
>Probably not in my case as I have a tendancy to avoid royalty
>(probably the left-wing in me).  I suspect it was for 7 years of
>brewing and wandering around events filling goblets with lots of
>delicious Mead, service through working in lots of Kitchens (usually
>not my own), and just being kinda nice most of the time...

Well, another reason may be that you're not in Calontir. <grin> (Although
some of us do tend to go to Rowany more often than any of y'all come
to our events. . . Pennsic is sort of okay, but it doesn't always have that
y'all-come-in-the-royal-pavillion-and-have-a-drink-or-five attitude that
most Calontir events have.)

Alban