[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Dec 5 00:03:06 PST 2001

Kiri said:
> A landed Baron is one who holds a Barony for his/her Kingdom.  He/she is
> the voice of the King to the people in the Barony.  A Court Baron is one
> who has been rewarded by the King for services to the Kingdom by this
> rank.  Sometimes it is accompanied by a Grant of Arms.

Why would it be accompanied by a Grant of Arms, when a Court Baroncy
outranks a Grant, by a fair amount I thought?

Of course, some kingdoms award such a thing as a Royal Peerage, when
the title of Count or Duke, which one receives for the same work,
outranks any of the Peerages. The idea of the Royal Peerage sounds
pretty redundant to me, and apparently to those in Ansteorra, who
do not grant Royal Peerages, although they do recognise those awarded
elsewhere.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net