[Sca-cooks] EK 12th Night Menu

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Dec 4 23:48:58 PST 2001

> News of this has set off a bit of an outcry around the kingdom (and I
> can see people's point when they say they can get a perfectly good
> dinner at Applebee's for ten bucks).

Which is one of the reasons I continue to post that I think it is
high time to have two feasts at SCA events. One fancy feast such as
the one Adamantius is proposing on doing and a simpler feast, done
on a minimum use of kitchen facilities, perhaps cajun cookers outside
or somewhere other than the kitchen. This would be a simple stew
and bread or whatever, for say $4.

Those who can pay for the higher priced feast, and meet the reservation
requirements or whatever, and who presumably would appreciate such
a feast get the fancy one. Those that just want sustenance or don't
want that "yucky" period food get the stew.

This should avoid having to put up with the comments expressed in
the first paragraph above.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net