[Sca-cooks] Re: lavender sugar

Christina L Biles bilescl at okstate.edu
Wed Dec 5 06:27:03 PST 2001

Stefan said:
>>>I assume from this, that this little tidbit was learned from practical
experience. Is there some reason you can't heat this syrup back up and
then mix the pectin in at that point?

If you try to add pectin after the sugar, you get a really strange texture
and it doesn't jell well, if at all.  The end result still tastes good,
and can be incorporated into banana bread and muffins or other baked
goods, but isn't something I'd want to spread on toast.
-Magdalena d.C.