[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Dec 5 07:11:03 PST 2001

>Why would it be accompanied by a Grant of Arms, when a Court Baroncy
>outranks a Grant, by a fair amount I thought?
Inter-kingdom anthropology. In some kingdoms, a CB bears an AoA, not
a GoA; and therefore does not outrank it. It's all a part of how kingdoms
treat their precedence; most of such things are not in Corpora by any means.

>Of course, some kingdoms award such a thing as a Royal Peerage, when
>the title of Count or Duke, which one receives for the same work,
>outranks any of the Peerages. The idea of the Royal Peerage sounds
>pretty redundant to me, and apparently to those in Ansteorra, who
>do not grant Royal Peerages, although they do recognise those awarded
>elsewhere.
By custom, tradition, and a helping hand from the BoD, the titles "duke",
"count", and "viscount" (and their feminine equivalents) are not
rewarded at the end of a successful reign, they are recognized. I believe
that a Patent awarded for such things is at the discretion of the kingdoms,
however.
(Errr: define your usage of "royal peerage", please? You mean the titles
of duke etc., or the patent of arms granted along with them, or their
position in the order of precedence, or what?)

Alban