[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 5 09:27:37 PST 2001

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> County or Viscounty rank comes with a Patent of Arms if the bearer does not
> already have one.  We politely call the Chivalry, Laurels and Pelicans the
> "polling orders" as opposed to the Order of the Rose which is not.  If you don't
> think a Countess has earned her peerage, you haven't observed your queens
> closely enough.  On the other hand, a member of a polling order with that snipey
> a mouth, well, you might re-think that respect.

The Order of the Rose is apparently a polling order in the East, but as
with any of them, the Crown has the final say, and I'm not aware of
anybody who was proposed, but not named to the order. I'm aware, though,
of at least one case where negative commentary was returned to the Order
near the end of one Queen's reign.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy