misconceptions about places was [Sca-cooks] Stefan

Diana Haven tantralya69 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 07:28:18 PST 2001

--- rnewmyer <rnewmyer at epix.net> wrote:

> Food content: Took my first deer this Monday. I'd
> love to see some good
> venison recipes.
>
> Grif
YUM!!! Venison!!! - ok, where do you live and can I
come mug you?  Seriously, did you eat the liver fresh?
It is the best part eaten within the first 24 hours.
My mom used to make it just like beef liver - saute
onions in the bottom of the pan (about an inch thick
of them), lay thick cut farmer's bacon on top - wait
for it to *start* to get greasy and then lay the liver
on top.  Put a lid on the pan, turn it down low and
wait for about 45 minutes.  It is tender, tasty, just
barely pink in the middle and can you tell that I have
to get a towel to wipe up my keyboard?

Enjoy.  I'll try to dig out some of my venison recipes
- I have one on my 'puter for venison stew, venison
roulade (don't ask - it just worked) and venison burger.

=====
Diana d'Avignon
newly of the Barony of Starkhafn
Kingdom of Caid