[Sca-cooks] Venison recipe

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Dec 6 18:26:55 PST 2001

--- rnewmyer <rnewmyer at epix.net> wrote:

> > Food content: Took my first deer this Monday. I'd love to see some good
venison recipes.<<

    The this past Yule Revel,  the feast featured about 15 - 20 lbs of
venison {roasts}.   I roasted the meat {3 roasts} in a cheap burgundy
following the recipes from  _Pleyn Delite_  {pages 71 &72}

    Pepper, cinnamon, cubebs, long pepper & juniper berries crushed together
in a pestle, equaled  a couple tablespoons & put into the burgundy  into the
roastingpans, ladled over the meat.  Roasted to  165 on the meat
thermometer.

    Only scraps {less than 6 oz) came back to the kitchen

    Caointiarn