[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:20:18 PST 2001

>Kiri said:
> > A landed Baron is one who holds a Barony for his/her Kingdom.  He/she is
> > the voice of the King to the people in the Barony.  A Court Baron is one
> > who has been rewarded by the King for services to the Kingdom by this
> > rank.  Sometimes it is accompanied by a Grant of Arms.
>
>Why would it be accompanied by a Grant of Arms, when a Court Baroncy
>outranks a Grant, by a fair amount I thought?
>
>Of course, some kingdoms award such a thing as a Royal Peerage, when
>the title of Count or Duke, which one receives for the same work,
>outranks any of the Peerages. The idea of the Royal Peerage sounds
>pretty redundant to me, and apparently to those in Ansteorra, who
>do not grant Royal Peerages, although they do recognise those awarded
>elsewhere.
>
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

In Atlantia a Grant of Arms is worth more than a Court Baroncy.  I know a
fellow that is in the game for the awards and has recently shot himself in
the foot by manuvering for a Grant of Arms thinking he could then get a
Court Baroncy.  When he found out he couldn't get it cuz it was a lower
award he went nuts!  It was great!!  I just cann't stand those kind of
folks.
Olwen