[Sca-cooks] armored turnip recipes

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Dec 6 05:53:51 PST 2001

Thanks, Stefan, I'd missed Misha's request for the recipe.
Misha, I got the recipe from HG Cariadoc's _Miscellany_, which happens
to be online at his website (although I actually used the paper copy I
acquired at Twenty-Fifth Year).  I never noticed a problem with
"bitterness" in the turnips--cooked, they're an obviously starchy root
veggie with a slightly different flavor than potatoes (which I bet is
what folks are referring to), but I've never found it obnoxious.  Of
course, I like just about _anything_ covered in that much melted cheese.
;-D
--Maire