[Sca-cooks] More venison stuff

upsxdls_osu at ionet.net upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Dec 7 09:30:14 PST 2001

Master A,
On the whole, everything sounds great.  One thing I'd caution: my experience
with venison has been in cooking the bones.  If I take the meat off and cook
it, the final dish is less gamy and more tasty.  With the bones, I have ended
up with inedible food.  Also, do you have any idea what food the deer was
eating?  Venison from deer with a primary diet of acorns is much gamier than
deer feeding on grass or wheat.

Liadan