[Sca-cooks] kitchen scales

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sat Dec 8 09:07:06 PST 2001

>I'd
>look for one that is not digital.  I trust the accuracy of the
>old-fashioned dial ones more, and tareing them is very easy.

Intersting point.  Personally, I trust the digital ones better, but mainly
because all the "old fashioned" ones I worked with in kitchens tended to be
really mis-handled adn thrown completely out of whack.  A note on scale
handling:  Handle them by the BODY, not by the part that goes up and down
(forget the name).  Otherwise you could really screw the springs.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka