[SCA-Cooks] Court News from Lochac

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 09:47:09 PST 2001

Kiri wrote:

> Yes, they do...in fact even a single peerage beats out a baroncy.  The only
> place where this is possibly not true is that a landed baron is next to the
> Crown in the "chain of command", as he/she is the voice of the Crown to the
> people of the barony, therefore technically outranking any peer in that
> group, royal or otherwise.  Though many royal peers would disagree with this.
>
> I think that thiis is probably what Master A was alluding to in his
> statement...a landed baron outranks a Court baron.

Probably.  I get creative with circlets without ascending points [but with lots
of descending embellishment, loops of beads, etc.]

> Kiri (delighted that her term as Baroness has been extended another two
> years, but bummed that it'll be another two years before she can cook a feast
> in Dun Carraig without running into the "you're the Baroness, you can't cook
> a feast!" thing)

"Can't"?  I Think Not.  Tell them that you are doing what you love and to stay
out of the way unless they want a Kiri-shaped hole through them! Seriously, not
letting one's landed baronage do the things that they enjoy about the SCA is a
one-way ticket to burnout and we all want to combat that.  I'm trying to muscle
our landed baron, Duryn the Red, into doing more cooking stuff.  He's famous for
"feeding the masses" and someone should be using his awesome outdoor kitchen
setup besides me and my projects!

Selene, determined cooking jock in Caid