[Sca-cooks] Translation, transliteration, redaction,etc.???

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 20:13:10 PST 2001

It's worse than that... English isn't the only language that uses Latin, or
Roman, letters. So an American, a Pole, and an Italian, for example, may
well transliterate the same word differently. None are wrong, but it gets
confusing. These days, English is the language of commerce, so it is the
one most commonly used, but others still crop up!

(I'm not even going to touch the idea that someone from Boston might do
this differently than someone from New Orleans...)

Anne