[Sca-cooks] Food heraldry

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:19:05 PST 2001

The way I cut matching shapes in marzipan is to first roll out the two or
three colours, the stamp out the shield blank shapes, lay them on top of
each other and cut them together.  That way you don't have any gaps.  If
possible I blow the picture of the device up and use a tracing wheel (yes
the kind for doing patterns) and run it along the line(s).  If I am
freehanding it, well, I use a measuing device and a good guess.  This method
should work in cheese and meats too.  For purple..hmm..I don't think salami
would be purple enough unless you try slicing it and boiling it in red
cabbage.  But then I'm not sure anyone would eat it.  Good luck!!
Olwen