[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Greek Foods

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:57:17 PST 2001

There are dozens of Greek cookbooks.
Take a look at Jessica's Biscuit at
http://www.ecookbooks.com/index.html
and search under "Greece" or "Greek".
Several contain color photography and cost
upwards of $50 or more.
You might have good luck just browsing
the local large Borders or B&N an seeing
what they carry that looks good. It's a very
wide field and it's hard to make recommendations
since I don't know what kinds of dishes you want to
cook or how the cookbook will be used in the future.
Seafood, desserts, Greek-American, food of the islands?
More Mediterranean diet? You might well like
A Mediterranean Feast by Wright, Clifford A.
Hardcover - 832 pages Published: November 1999.
 Claudia Roden is also good. I would not recommend the
Jeff Smith Three Ancient Cuisines...
For ancient Greek food history...try Siren Feasts by
Andrew Dalby.

Hope this helps,

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis