[Sca-cooks] Re: rice pudding & marrow

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Dec 13 06:32:11 PST 2001

You also need to grease the funnel, preferably with a hard fat like
vegetable shortening or lard. If you don't, it can be darn near impossible
to get the casing onto the funnel, and it has a nasty habit of sticking
and tearing.

And of course, the greasing of the horn and the act of sliding the casing
onto the horn provide much amusement for the spectators. We finally
learned our lesson and banned the peanut gallery from the kitchen.

Margaret

[snip]>