[Sca-cooks] RE: Marrow Bones

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Dec 13 07:17:04 PST 2001

Diamond Randall wrote:

> I think it
> adds a wonderful richness to many dishes.   Anyone else do this?

I prefer to use marrow bones, when I can find them, to make soups and stews...you're
absolutely correct.  They do add a wonderful richness to the broths that I make.
That's why I usually try to make my own broths for recipes rather than use the
"store-boughten" kind.

> Finally, anyone know where I can get a double ended sterling marrow spoon for a
> price that does not require closing costs?  The many I have seem on Ebay
> tend to go for very high prices.

Nothing against you, dear heart...but I've been out of work for some time and can
use any money I can get.  I happen to have one of those that I inherited.  I don't
use it as I'm not fond of straight marrow, but would be willing to sell it if I
could get a really good price for it.  I'll have to check e-bay out.  I will
probably be putting some other stuff out there for sale as well.

Kiri
--
Elaine Koogler

     "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

                                                     --  Kosh