[Sca-cooks] bambi again

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 17 00:30:12 PST 2001

stefan said >
> I had forgotten that possibility since venison can't be sold here. Is
> a "depot" a store that only sells meats like venison? Or can venison
> be obtained in a regular grocery store, over there?
>
> Actually, I should modify my first statement. Venison from American
> deer can not be sold here. You can buy it, but it is imported. I
> think from Britain and the price is rather high.
>
> So while you all can't hunt easily over there, those over here
> can't get it unless they hunt. Perhaps it all evens out in the
> end.
>
> Stefan
Depot as in transit type it lost its foreward and return labels and was
destined for the trash(  see I'm learning 'your' language)
Venison can easily be obtained from stores...even Tesco's and Safeway. But
expensive. Gamekeepers often sell it on more cheaply but you have to known
the keeper. Our local market can get it or Boar if you give then enough
warning...that reminds me I have half a suckling pig in the freezer for the
next banquet!!
regards Vara