[Sca-cooks] OOP "Cook's Illustrated"/ America's Test Kitchen

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Dec 17 07:07:16 PST 2001

hey all from Anne-Marie

I love the magazine! I am a longtime subscriber and find I use it all the
time.

Being a Science Geek (tm) I especially like that they take a single food
like, say, chocolate chip cookies, and then work a recipe out, documenting
every thing they tried, what worked and what didnt. Means I can use their
base recipe and create exactly the effect I want (chewy? crisp? sandy? etc).

I also own the book "The Best Recipe" from their publisher and HIGHLY
recommend it. I find these days I use it more than my old standby Fanny
Farmer.

They also do comparisons of ingredients like Canned tomatoes, chocolate,
etc, and tools like pans, mandolines, etc. For someone like me, who likes
being "an informed consumer" it takes a lot of the guess work out of it :).

--AM, who would give CI as a gift subscription except everyone she knows
already subscribes :).