[Sca-cooks] Probably OOP but just wondering.

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:32:30 PST 2001

>Now that Hanukkah is come and gone, I had a question. Anyone have a
>favorite
>latka (hopefully i'm spelling that right) recipe?
>
>Misha
>Seeker of faith and taster of all good "soul" food (pun is intended XD)

Ah!!  The one other thing my mom can cook.  I have spent many hours of my
youth grating potatoes and onions (and knuckles).  We use the side on the
four sided grater that is the little round holes.  The excess liquid is
drained off, toss in an egg, flour salt pepper mix it up and fry in a little
oil till golden brown then set on a towel to drain.  Sometimes eaten with
applesauce.  My sister has managed to figure out how to do these in a
blender.  At least that is what she claims.  I don't have a blender so I'll
never know.
Olwen