[Sca-cooks] newbie Introduction

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Dec 25 19:05:04 PST 2001

KazOShea at aol.com wrote:

>>There have been some pretty disgusting things discussed on
>>this list, twinkies, Brussels sprouts, various lung dishes and jello
>>concoctions among them. :-(

Stefan, you consistently fail to include Spam in this broad category...
I mention this only because one person's nightmare is another's...
well... food.

> I do not eat twinkies but a recipe for a creamy cake filled with whipped
> cream I haave foudn in a period book, not that this has anything to do with
> twinkies considering that they only marginally qualify as a foodstuff.

Can you tell us more about this cream-filled cake? This is one I have
never encountered in any source prior to the eighteenth or nineteenth
century. Of course, there are always more, unexplored sources.

> I do
> not like brussel sprouts or lung dishes. But jello on the other hand, I have
> located some ideas for making jello with various spices like cinnamon or
> clove or saffron. I do however love sushi,

Rice is disgusting? De gustibus non disputande (I think I got that
right), etc.

> and have eaten some unidentifiable
> japanese or chinese or korean things that were yummy. Best way to do it is to
> tell me it tastes good and not tell me what it is, EVER.

Ahw, how are you supposed to _duplicate_ such dishes if you can't
identify the ingredients or the method?

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy