[Sca-cooks] meat "substitutes"- Rant

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Thu Dec 27 14:20:16 PST 2001

We are genetically engineered to require a certain amount of protein in
our diets.  Whether you get it from meat sorces or combimations of
incomplete vegetable/grain sources doesn't matter - as long as you get
it.  If you don't eat protein, your body starts to appropriate it from
other sources, like your muscles!  I'm not not saying that omnivores
have the perfect diets, since most of us eat too much junkor not enough
of the right things, but vegetarians need to be extra careful with their
diet since their food options are more limited to start with.

Faerisa
Philippa Alderton wrote:<snipped message follows>