[Sca-cooks] Wings! was meat substitute

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 28 19:10:56 PST 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> I don't know fershur....I don't have a bottle handy, right now (finished
> it earlier this week), but I know that on a couple of occasions, it's
> just been labeled "Chili Sauce for Chicken." At least the English part
> <g>....I don't know what the Thai says....

Sriracha is a fairly common Thai table and cooking condiment. I like it
on spring rolls. The ingredients were pretty much the same as those you
mentioned. Chilies, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic. Kind of like ketchup
made with red chilies instead of tomato, and garlic added. A little
thinner than ketchup.

For the psychos among us, it's also excellent for coloring and seasoning
fried rice, and is considered an essential ingredient for the classic
Thai noodle dish, pad thai (the one that is kinda like Singapore chow
mei fun on steroids...).

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy