[Sca-cooks] Procrastinating while the caffeine kicks in...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Dec 29 11:13:06 PST 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> _Iron_ Goddess of Mercy tea? Is that a caffeined up version of the
> Goddess of Mercy tea I like? I agree, it's wonderful, subtle stuff....

Probably the same tea, pretty expensive stuff, and allegedly picked off
a mountainside by trained monkeys... ;-) . Of course, a little ofa
really good Chinese green tea goes a really long way. This isn't
especially caffeine-hyped, but I made the batch especially strong in
anticipation of a late night.

> What's sopresatta?

Kinda like a very coarse-grind Genoa salami, amost marble-patterned
instead of the usual speckly appearance of hard salami.

> In some of the stuff I've read about various solid pastes and such made
> from quinces, they are sometimes referred to as "cheeses."  I've got
> references in English texts about it (although some of them are OOP).
> That may be why your confections were being sold at the cheese counter.

Oh, yes. After all, it _is_ queso de membrillo. On the other hand, it is
also commonly eaten with bread and another, actual cheese, such as queso
blanco or a cream cheese. I'm going to serve it at 12th Night with a
suitably-sized chunk of butter alongside it for bread. None of this
honey-butter stuff this time.

> --Maire (who battles sleep deprivation with Jolt cola--all that sugar,
> and twice the caffeine <g>)

That's one way. I used to favor the sort of [alleged] Yacqui
metaphysician's method of going without sleep for a week or so, to free
yourself of the need for a sleep cycle. You still sleep, but just when
you really need to. There's something to be said for both sides of this
approach. At the moment my health isn't what it should be, so for the
most part this isn't an issue. I sleep as best I can pretty much every
night because I bl**dy well need to.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy