[Sca-cooks] New book

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 30 13:45:21 PST 2001

I was gifted with a copy from the estate of a recently deceased friend,
Mairin ferch Howell, also an SCA cook.  The book is fascinating.  There are
interesting historical references, which need to be pursued through the
bibliography.  The recipes are modern and not adaptations of actual historic
recipes.  And the author subscribes to some opinions which run contrary to
some of our investigations.  You'll be reading it for months rather than
weeks.

Bear