[Sca-cooks] trains

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Dec 30 20:49:01 PST 2001

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2001, at 1:04, Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
> > Next we know, there will be stories of people travelling int eh sky
> > like birds, and then inquisitors will come...
>
> You are an educated woman.  Surely you have heard of Icarus,
> who flew so high that his waxen wings melted?  And in more recent
> times, there was the monk Eilmer, who built himself wings and
> threw himself off a tower.  He soared for more than a furlong until
> he fell from the sky.  By God's mercy, his life was spared, but he
> was lame for the rest of his days.

I've heard of those- though I give as much credence to the tale of
Icarus as I do most other Greek tales. I even hear tell that some of
them believed the earth is not the center of the heavenly bodies!
Imagine that!

No, I mean more like Stefan thinking he will fly like a bird to the East
for 12th Night. We all know it is truly many days' travel from Ansteorra
to the East. Stefan should have been on horse long ago! Now Master A,
are you certain that a man with delusions of that nature should be
allowed in your kitchen? ;-D)

Feeling silly,

'Lainie