[Sca-cooks] Queston on Dates for Recipes

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net bonneoftraquair at netscape.net
Mon Dec 31 00:43:32 PST 2001

In the Medieval Kitchen, I think the information you are looking for is in the introduction, which gives a detailed description of all the documents and a list of their names, dates, etc. The exerpted recipes are collected in the back of the book.  It takes quite a bit of back and forthing  until you get to knowing the details.

This was the first period type cookery book I had long term access to.  A friend brought it to our Christmas celebration to show around, then accidently left it behind while she went out of town for two weeks.   I read oh-so-carefully being very good not to break the spine or dog-ear any pages.  Later I found the rather good collection at UNC-Chapel Hill, but I never really had the chance to READ anything else, just skim, skim, skim looking for specific ingredients or recipe types.

Bonne