[Sca-cooks] Second Iron Chef USA

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:19:15 PST 2001

This is bad, very bad, run do not walk to the exits.  I truly fear for the
3rd of these.  Shatner could not cook his way out of a hamburger helper box
and the judging was "amusing" with Ron Popiel, (it slices, it dices, it
makes god know what) as the more articulate of the bunch.

>Muirghen

To tell the truth, I was rather more impressed with the second
show. I was totally horrified by the first one and hoped it had
been buried deep. My lady hadn't seen it so when we saw that it
was on she wanted to watch it to see just HOW bad it was.

There were some definate improvements this time. The commentators
actually focused on the food and cooking instead of mindless blather.
The chefs were serious on the cooking instead of the showboating done
in the first show. I found a couple of the guest judges a bit annoying
and really don't understand the need for the stacked blonde to
bang the gong. I also don't like the large crowd complete with signs
and doing the wave.

Shatner is amusing as a combination of William (talk...like...this..)
Shatner and Chairman Kaga. It would be much better if he stopped acting
and just hosted.

But I was surprised to find that I kind of liked it. I'll probably watch
the next Iron Chef American when it comes out. Remember, they are still
developing it and it looks like they responded to the flood of hate
mail the production company most likely recieved after the first one.
Iron Chef Japan probably wasn't much better in the begining either.

Gunthar