[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]travelling foods for SCA folks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Dec 31 17:44:21 PST 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Jerky, definitely.  Sometimes flavored licorice sticks (strawberry),
> gummi sharks, and Diet Mtn Dew.  And if I'm really desperate, Korn Nuts.
> My usual travelling companion (actually, it's _her_ car) also needs
> those thin, hard candy wafers that come in a roll that I can never
> remember the name of.
> --Maire

Aha! classic road food! Maire, those candies are surely Necco Wafers. I
like them for road food sometimes. SOmetimes I get the all-chocolate
roll...

For long trips (something like twice a week anymore) I get SweeTarts or
Starburst, soemtimes Skittles. Has to be small, hard or chewy, and a
little tart. That's for staying awake. I've also been getting the
'Kiddie Mix' sack of candy when I stop at the truck stop for diesel.
There's bits of bubble gum, suckers, rolls of Smarties, Now'n'Later,
Tootsie Rolls, and jawbreakers. Little bits- and that's the trick to
staying awake- little bits that I have to futz with. (I sure hope Puck
is busy doing autocrat stuff, or he'll snort at that one for sure!) That
and caffeinated soda and I'm off...

That's of course for trips up and down I-5. Something longer that 5
hours or so and I would pack real food.

'Lainie
Red Bull and those new bumps on the fog line are my mainstay...