SC - stuffed avocados [OOP]

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 10 20:52:01 PST 2001

Daniel Phelps wrote:

> Was written:
>
> ><Western movie theme music, occarina oo-ee-oo-ee-oooooo, wah WAH Wah...>
> >
> >This sounds like fun!  Can you post the Official Period Recipes so we can
> >reproduce this contest in other kingdoms?
>
> The whole thing just grew out of a discussion of mundane cheesecake styles,
> then it became a bake off with each of the ladies to bake three cheesecakes
> in different styles still mundane.  I then through down the gauntle and said
> why not PERIOD CHEESECAKE and provided evidence from my library for about 6.
> Then the laurel who was asked to judge said yes but that each should bake 4
> and one had to be "period".

Gee, I haven't made any trouble in at least 30 seconds, but I thought it
might make an interesting joke on interkingdom anthropology to say
something like, "You can always tell a Trimarian Laurel when he/she says
each contestant should bake four cheesecakes and one has to be 'period',
an Eastern Laurel when he/she says the contestant should bake 12
cheesecakes and at least half of them have to be period, but no points
can be taken off if the cook _happens to feel like_ making them all period..."

Anybody have anything to add about Laurels from their respective
kingdoms? I promise not to cross-post any of it to the SCA-Laurels
list... ;  )  C'mon! Do I hear Caid?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy