SC - Cheesecake judging Laurels/Competitions

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 06:00:11 PST 2001

Oh dear.

Oh well, about three and a half years ago, working at a transport company
that had a nationwide pizza company as a customer, the father of my then
girlfriend often came home with anything from the mundane to the obtuse. On
one occasion he gave me a very large can of sliced black olives. About 2
months ago, a sense of curiosity and a certain peckishness sent me to the
back of the cupboard for a 'look see'. And lo, unto him was a very large can
delivered (heck, I'd forgotten). Propelled further by those self same
impulses, I opened the can - not an expiry date to be seen.

Mmm. Flat, rubbery and slightly-salty-while-mostly-tasteless, but still full
of nibbling 'goodness', if not nutrition.

There wasn't anything I could immediately think to do with them (not
entirely true, but I like the dogs nextdoor more than the impulse to subtly
assault my nagging neighbour with intestinal warfare) so they went onto the
bottom shelf of the 'fridge until the next Rubbish/Garbage Day.

Yes, I'm single...
but I still have my can of olives (well, olive-y things, at least).

Drake, you asked.

Nicholas - a chronicler, not a cook.